We wanted to bring you a monthly update on the happenings of the Museum OF Biblical & Sacred Writings. Recently we met with real estate advisors and discussed the layout of the proposed building(s). The architect is planning structures to include the different divisions below as well as office space for related organizations that may wish to lease space.
The Educational and Public Divisions of the Museum will be:
• Museum of Ancient Near East Writings
• Museum of the Bible
• Museum of Biblical Archaeology
• Museum of the Classical Greek World
• Museum of the Roman & Byzantine World
• Museum of Ancient Islamic Writings
• Museum Learning Center
• Museum Research Library
• History On The Move Study Tours
Archaeology & Inscription Classes
This fall we will begin a series of classes for students to be introduced to the ancient world. The Museum hands on archaeology classes for students of different ages that will be offered ($5.00 per participant) are:
• Ancient Writings & Archaeology: Opening the Ancient World (Elementary Level Students) – Friday, September 11, 2009, 1:00 – 2:15 PM, Cal State Fullerton – Irvine Campus, taught by Drs. James Rietveld & George Giacumakis.
• Ancient Writings & Archaeology: Opening the Ancient World (Secondary Level Students) – Friday, October 16, 2009, 1:00 – 2:15 PM, Cal state Fullerton, Irvine Campus, taught by Drs. James Rietveld and George Giacumakis.
• Ancient Writings & Archaeology: Opening the Ancient World (Adult Level Students) – Friday, November 13, 2009, 1:00 – 2:15 PM, Cal State Fullerton, Irvine Campus, taught by Drs. James Rietveld and George Giacumakis.
Special Museum Class
Introduction to Museum Studies (Adult Level Students) –
Mondays, September 21 & 28, October 5 & 12, 2009, 2:00 –
4:00 PM, Cal State Fullerton, Irvine Campus (October 12:
Southern California Museum Visits), taught by Orange County
Park Ranger and Museum Specialist Michael A. Miniaci. ($25.00 per
Call the Museum to make reservations if you and your students are interested in participating in any of the above classes.
Museum Fall Lecture Series
Writings of the Ancient World
Saturday, October 17, 2009, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, Cal State
Fullerton, Irvine Campus. Five specialists will discuss
various ancient inscriptions and their historical implications
about ancient history. (No cost to attend)
The Museum of Biblical & Sacred Writings is a federally & state approved 501 (C)3 non-profit organization. We have hired several university students for the summer to begin the cataloging process of the hard copy and digital volumes of the Museum Research Library. About 3,000 volumes have been donated to the Museum Library thus far.
Your financial contributions are greatly appreciated, for they help us to continue the development and growth of the Museum organization.
Help us keep developing by sending your contributions to:
Museum of Biblical & Sacred Writings
PO Box 333, E. Irvine, CA 92650
Thank you and Shalom!